Spring is upon us, and while tidying up our homes, many of us forget that “tidying up” should include reviewing items that matter even more. Here is a handy checklist for making sure your insurance-related needs are covered.
1. Insurance Cards: Check your wallet to make sure that you are carrying a current insurance card. It can be easy to forget to change them; however these cards are vital in case of an accident.
2. Re-evaluate your Valuables: If you’ve gotten a few more valuables in the past year, now is a good time to make a record of them for insurance purposes. Take pictures or videos of these items so that if you need to make a claim, you have proof that you owned them.
3. Life Insurance: If you got married, divorced, or had another change in family status, your life insurance beneficiaries may have changed. Consider speaking with an insurance expert to ensure those who matter most are properly covered.
4. Business Inventory: If you own a business, determine if you’ve recently invested in new company vehicles, furniture, buildings, or inventory. If so, consider reviewing your business coverage to make sure new purchases are properly covered.
5. Employee Coverage: Whether you have recently been hiring or seen a few employees retire, now is a good time to consider whether your business liability insurance, employee compensation, and benefits are sufficiently adjusted.
Insurance is one of the most important, yet neglected, areas that need attention to ensure coverage in unforeseen circumstances. Wouldn’t that feel better than cleaning out your closet?
Make it a priority to let the professionals here at Conrey Insurance Brokers evaluate your coverage and ensure that the things that matter most are properly protected. Call us at 1-877-450-1872 or contact us here, and experience the Conrey Difference for yourself.