Disaster Preparation for your Household
Disaster preparation is an essential risk management task for every household. Homeowners throughout the United States face a variety of natural hazards, including earthquakes, floods, and wildfires. If you are unprepared for one of these disasters, you and your family could be left without food, electricity, or even shelter.
To prepare your household for a disaster, Conrey Insurance Brokers offers you the following disaster preparation tips:
- Know the risks. Depending on where you live, your home could be impacted by any number of unique hazards like landslides or hazardous material spills. Familiarize yourself with the risks that are most likely to occur near your home to guide your disaster preparation.
- Create a phone list. Create a master list of family and emergency contacts. Ensure that every member of your family has a copy of this list and stores it in a safe and easy-to-access area.
- Pick a meeting place. If you get separated from your loved ones during a disaster, it’s important to have a meeting place set up. This could be a neighbor’s house, library, or community center.
- Stay informed. Once impacted by a disaster, you will want to know how to receive updates on the situation. You and your family should know how to get this information ahead of time. Contact your local government to learn the best ways to receive alerts.
- Know how to turn off utilities. If you suspect a leak, knowing how to turn off your home’s gas and electricity can protect your family from fires or explosions. Locate and label your electrical panel as well as your water and gas valves.
- Store emergency supplies. Above all, in the event of a disaster, you will need access to clean water. You will need at least 1 gallon of water per person, per day. In addition, emergency supplies like first- aid kits, whistles, flashlights, and cell phones will be critical to have on hand. Keep all of these items in a safe area, or create an easy grab-and-go bag for quick access.
Being properly prepared by implementing disaster preparation protocol could be the difference in the survival of you and your loved ones should a disaster happen. We hope you never need to use our disaster preparation tips, but you can sleep easier knowing you are prepared should the need arise.
Since 1969, Conrey Insurance Brokers have been protecting the personal, commercial, and financial interests of our clients throughout Southern California. We are here to provide expert risk management solutions, ensuring your interests, loved ones, and financial future is properly protected.
Conrey Insurance Brokers is dedicated to building strong, lasting, and mutually beneficial relationships with our clients and community. The Conrey Team of experienced risk managers can assist you with your personal insurance, commercial insurance, life insurance, and financial services needs.
Conrey Insurance Brokers prides itself on being a one-stop independent insurance broker and financial services boutique that provides unparalleled expertise, professionalism, and service at a tremendous value.
Act today to ensure you are prepared for tomorrow. Contact the Conrey Team at 1-877-450-1872 or go to our website to get started on a free consultation today.
Comments are closed.